• Province population: 135.000 (approximately)
• Size province (Pieria): 1.516km2
• Mt. Olympus: The highest mountain in Greece – 2.917m height
• The “home” of the 12 Olympian Gods of the ancient world
• Mt. Olympus: National Park of Greece
• Word’s Biosphere Reverse, declared in 1981 by UNESCO
• 10 Blue Flag awarded beaches
Located on the border of Macedonia and Thessaly between the prefectures of Pieria and Larissa. It is the highest mountain in Greece and the second highest mountain in Balkans with its main summit of Mytikas rising to an altitude of 2.917m.